Atlantic City is at a critical moment and the choices being made now will define its future. A panel of global experts convened earlier this year to generate ideas for a mixed-use neighborhood in the South Inlet and came away with recommendations for a new mixed-use Lighthouse District, and for generating needed jobs through a focus on education, medical services and the new creative economy.
The following key leaders in the Atlantic City community will discuss the future of the City:
- Tom Murphy, ULI Senior Resident Fellow, Canizaro/Klingbeil Families Chair for Urban Development and former mayor of Pittsburgh, PA
Joined by Panelists:
- Wasseem Boraie, Managing Member, South Inlet Partners Urban Renewal LLC/Boraie
- The Hon. Donald A. Guardian, Mayor, City of Atlantic City; Victor Nappen, Chair, Greater Atlantic City Chamber of Commerce
- John Palmieri, Executive Director, New Jersey Casino Reinvestment Development Authority
- Nicholas F. Talvacchia, Partner and Chair of the Land Use Practice Group, Cooper Levenson.
ULI Philadlephia announces it’s latest addition to the Panel:
Dr. Herman J. Saatkamp, Jr., President, The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey; Greater Atlantic City Chambers Board of Directors; Atlantic City Alliance Advisory Board
Dr. Herman J. Saatkamp, Jr. became the fourth President of The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey in June of 2003. Under Dr. Saatkamp’s leadership, the College has more than doubled its unrestricted net assets and increased the assets of its related Foundation more than sevenfold. Saatkamp sits and he is actively involved in the Greater Atlantic City Chambers Board of Directors and the Atlantic City Alliance Advisory Board.
ULI Philadelphia is thrilled to announce Dr. Saatkamp’s addition to an already exciting list of panelists!
Follow the conversation and use #ULIFutureAC
Each attendee will receive a complimentary copy of the new ULI Advisory Services Panel report, “Strategies for a World-Class Resort City.”