The ULI Philadelphia Awards for Excellence honor the legacy of Willard G. “Bill” Rouse III, civic leader, developer, and a founder of ULI Philadelphia, with a long-term commitment from Liberty Property Trust.
ULI has set the global standard in recognizing outstanding and transformational land use developments, best practices and creative visioning. The ULI Philadelphia Awards for Excellence honor the best projects in the tri-state region. The widest possible range of project types and sizes will be considered – residential, commercial, industrial, mixed use, parks and open spaces and other developments from both the for-profit and nonprofit worlds. Several winning projects have gone on to receive global ULI recognition.
The application period for the 2016 ULI Philadelphia Awards for Excellence begins in January. Anyone can apply – ULI members and non-members.
Projects must be:
- Completed no earlier than February 28, 2011 and no later than February 29, 2016
- Located within ULI Philadelphia’s geographic footprint covering Southeastern and Central Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey and Delaware (eligible counties listed on the application).
- Finalist (non-winning) projects from previous years are also eligible under these same rules.
Each application will be carefully evaluated by highly experienced and deeply engaged ULI members from across the country. Projects must meet ULI’s mission to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide; achieve excellence in the use of best practices; demonstrate quality planning and design; incorporate elements that build healthy places (ULI’s global theme); promote environmental sustainability and energy reduction; achieve economic success and market acceptance; and meet community needs.
- January 18: Submission period opens.
- March 4: All submissions due by 5:00pm.
- May 13: Finalists announced.
- June 15: Winners announced live at 3rd Annual Awards for Excellence reception at The Ben.