On September 7th, ULI Philadelphia and the The Lehigh Valley Planning Commission (LVPC)’ delved into BuildLV’s 2016 report. Outlining trends in housing types, e-commerce, infrastructure, and the commercial sector, a panel of local, regional, and national experts discussed what these trends mean for the future of the Lehigh Valley area.
The discussion followed two presentations: BuildLV Development & Outlook Report give by Becky Bradley (Executive Director at Lehigh Valley Planning Commission) and a comparative report of Lehigh Valley’s Northeast Inland Empire to Southern California’s Inland Empire.
The event included not only a review of the development report by LVPC Executive Director Becky Bradley but concluded with a question and answer session with a diverse panel of experts moderated by Tim Siegfried, a partner at Norris, McLaughlin, and Marcus. The panel featured Mike Alderman, vice president at Liberty Property Trust, Brian Knowles founding principal at Lee and Associates, Jeff Brown, president of NFI Trucking, Rudy Husband, vice president at Norfolk Southern Railroad, Mike Rimer, Freight Transportation Planning Expert at the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, and Bradley of the LVPC.
The report highlighted the evolution of housing types, institutional developments, and quantified commercial markets in the Lehigh Valley in 2015. Also offered as an outlook and global perspective was the region’s position as a strategic inland freight hub and its trends toward urbanization.
Check out full coverage of the event by visiting:
- WFMZ‘s “LV Planning Commission releases its regional development report at Artsquest’s SteelStacks gathering“
- The Morning Call‘s feature “Is the Lehigh Valley the next ‘Inland Empire’?“
- Lehigh Valley Business feature “Lehigh Valley sees shift from home ownership to renting“
- Transport Topics “Is the Next ‘Inland Empire’ in Pennsylvania?“
- OMEGA Commercial Real Estate Blog‘s “Is the Lehigh Valley the next ‘Inland Empire’?“