SOLD OUT! Starting & Operating a Real Estate Development Enterprise: A Primer
Many people associated with the real estate industry have at one time or other considered the leap into becoming a real estate developer. While a great deal of information can be found on the mechanics of developing a real estate project, there’s far less available on organizing and operating the business entity that will drive that process. It’s possible to develop a small project or two as a sideline, but the prospect of sustaining an ongoing business operation itself can be daunting.
This new half-day ULI program will introduce attendees to some of the myriad business and operational considerations to be addressed when making the transition into entrepreneurial real estate development. The program is organized into five sections: Setting up your Business, Running the Business, Developing Projects, Property Management/Disposition, and Best Business Practices. If you’ve ever considered moving into the role of developer, don’t miss this highly informative program.
- Alan Razak, Principal at AthenianRazak LLC and Chair for Mission Advancement of ULI Philadelphia
- David Farmer, CEO of Metro Forecasting Models and Past Chair of ULI Southwest Florida
- Developing your business plan
- Creating the legal entity
- Funding project research and analysis
- Operating expenses – establishing an office
- Managing cash flow
- Sourcing deals
- Office and operational cost accounting
- Setting up project ownership
- Balancing risk and personal guarantees
- Portfolio or merchant builder?
- In-house vs. outsourced property management
- Property disposition
- Seed capital
- Protecting your personal assets
- Leadership and management skills
- Importance of an exit strategy
Thank You to Our Event Host
Thank You to Our Supporting Sponsor
Program Sponsorships available, contact Kelly.Cary@uli.org for more information
- Private Member: $70
- Public Member: $55
- Student Member: $55
- Private Non-Member: $95
- Public Non-Member: $75
- Student Non-Member: $70
*All prices will rise $15 after online registration closes on September 18, 2018.
Refunds can be made up to 48 hours in advance.
Annual Sponsors Please Note– due to the small size of this event complimentary registrations will only be open to event sponsors.