How a Corridor Revived a College Town
Exploring the opportunities and challenges in Public-Private Partnerships in university community development
Rowan Boulevard is a one-third mile long extension of Glassboro’s Central Business District that leverages the close proximity of the Borough and Rowan University to create a vibrant, thriving integration of academic, business, cultural, and commercial activities. From its genesis almost two decades ago, the now-busy Boulevard is the successful result of close collaboration among the public, institutional, and private partners, and innovative planning and design that have yielded a friendly, attractive environment for students, staff and visitors affiliated with Rowan University, as well as local Glassboro residents and business people.
- Dante Germano, COO / CFO, Nexus Properties
- Tom Lussenhop, Senior Vice President, U3 Advisors
- Donald Moore, Sr. Vice President for Facilities, Planning & Operations Rowan University
- Moderator: Larry DiVietro, President, Land Dimensions Engineering
Part 1: Overview: The History and Development of Rowan Boulevard
- The “Early Years”: Larry DiVietro – Introductory Remarks / Glassboro and Glassboro State College
- The Evolution to a World-Renowned Academic Institution: Donald Moore – Leadership, Mission, and Innovation
- Developing In A New Context: Dante Germano – Master Planning, Financing, and Relationships
- Rowan Boulevard In Comparison To Other Anchor Institution Developments: Tom Lussenhop – Partners, Scope, Success
Part 2: Panel: Practitioner Expertise – In Retrospect…
- Moderator: Larry DiVietro, President – Land Dimensions Engineering
- University Partner: Rowan University – Donald Moore, Sr. Vice President for Facilities, Planning & Operation
- Realization of Expectations, Manifestation of Institutional Vision
- Private Developer: Nexus Properties – Dante Germano, COO / CFO
- Challenges/Successes, “What Would We Do Differently?”
- Strategic Perspective: U3 Advisors – Tom Lussenhop, Senior Vice President
- Public Private Partnership Best Practices
- Private Member: $40
- Public Member: $30
- Private Nonmember: $65
- Public Nonmember: $45
- Student: $20
Request for refunds must be made at least 48 hours before the event.
*All prices will raise $15 after online registration closes on March 9, 2018.
Annual Sponsors Please Note– due to the small size of this event complimentary registrations will only be open to event sponsors.