Women’s Leadership Initiative
The mission of the ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative is to raise the visibility and number of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry. The mission of the WLI is expressed in its four primary objectives:
- Promote the advancement of women, throughout their careers, as leaders in the real estate industry.
- Increase the number of women who serve in leadership positions in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the visibility of women leaders in the real estate industry and in ULI.
- Increase the number of women who are active ULI Full members, and support the development of young women members as leaders in ULI and in their professions.
A Bold Beginning
WLI was created nationally in 2012 and launched during ULI’s Spring Meeting. Since then, the organization has mobilized in 20 District Councils, including Philadelphia. In addition to providing programming for Spring and Fall meetings, WLI is focused nationally on:
- Developing materials that educate ULI members and nonmembers about women in leadership.
- Reaching out to the District Councils to work collaboratively on issues of importance to women who are ULI members.
- Recommending women for consideration as ULI Trustees, Product Council Chairs, District Council Chairs and program speakers.
- Sponsoring original studies of women in real estate and disseminating existing research.
- Increasing the visibility of women in real estate professions by creating a speakers bureau and sponsoring ULI publications written by women.
At the local level, ULI Philadelphia’s WLI Council meets the 2nd Wednesday of every other month to discuss local initiatives and hear from a guest speaker. Are you interested in making connections with successful, strong professional women in the land use and real estate industry? Already a ULI member and finding yourself in need of a mentor or advocate to help navigate through this typically male-dominated field? Then you’re in the right place! Please contact the ULI Philadelphia Women’s Leadership Council Co-chairs listed below to see how you can get involved.